Shortcut to navigation Hlavné menu Shortcut to navigation horizontal

Chapel in Janova Ves

You can find the Chapel of St Alojz Gonzaga next to the main road in the north - east part of the village Janova Ves. It was built in the 19th century in classicistic style on the place of the former wooden bell-tower. This bell-tower was already in existence before 1798.
There is an altar with the Pieta sculpture from the beginning of the 19th century in the interior. After the fire in 1885 the roof and chapel exterior was completely renewed. In the same year three bells dedicated to the Lord Jesus, st. Alojz and Ignac were made. During the 1st World War they were taken for war purposes. In 1919 a new bell was made and consecrated. It is used up today.
During the last general reconstruction in 1986 a new tower with a stainless crucifix was built according to the original shape.


 

date: 2019-03-23

Name day of: Adrián

webygroup

Slovenská verzia

14061829

2019-03-23
Homepage